Wednesday, June 23, 2010

IS THE END IS SIGHT?

My fifth appointment with my dietician went well. She seemed to see the end in sight! She is very encouraging and I only wish insurance would cover appointments to see her AFTER surgery. I had a 1.5 hour appointment with the surgery center nutritionist recently. She went over eating habits, vitamin requirements, protein supplements, etc. She also was very helpful. I am completely off of carbonated and caffeinated beverages now. I have one more hurdle before the surgery, which is mastering eating meals without drinking. I understand that this is a "MUST" for the by-pass surgery to work effectively. So......I will conquer this hurdle in the near future. One more appointment with the dietician and I will have completed the insurance requirements. I have completed all of the group support requirements and surgery center requirements. I keep a notebook of all of my records and documentation in this journey. That notebook is overflowing at this point! Physically and mentally I believe I am ready for this surgery. Emotionally, I hope I can cope and make it through. With God's help, I am sure I can. There are so many individual and family emotions invovled in this process - LONG TERM!

No comments:

Post a Comment