Monday, June 28, 2010

APPROVAL AND SURGERY DATE

I was surprised to find a voice mail on my phone from the surgeon's office on 6-25-10 stating that they had submitted my file and I had been approved by insurance!!! This was a huge surprise because I was told by my insurance company's bariatric nurse for dietary monitoring that I had to have one initial visit to weigh in, then have six additional visits for monitoring of diet and exercise for a total of seven visits. I didn't even know that the surgeon's office was going to submit my file to insurance one month early. I called the bariatric nurse to confirm that I have been approved and the good news is TRUE! Today I scheduled the surgery for August 5, 2010. So far, it is a "GO". Now I am just waiting to schedule pre-op testing, find out how much out-of-pocket I will have to pay, and to start the two week liquid diet.

Right now, it really hasn't sunk in - - - I'm still in shock that the approval happened so quickly and without any problems. I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment