Saturday, August 14, 2010

One Week Post-Op

I am feeling better and stronger everyday. I have learned the secret to tolerating the protein drinks is to have a variety and not have the same thing each day. Some of the heavier milky shakes are hard to swallow, so I have enjoyed finding thinner more fruity protein drinks that go down easier. My one week appointment with my surgeon was uneventful. He said my incisions looked good and that I was doing very well. He progressed me on to the soft foods stage of my nutrition program - which was great news to me!!! I have been enjoying refried beans with cheese, eggs with cheese, and even tolerated some broiled flounder with lemon.

Weight History:

High Weight - 251
Preop liquid diet - lost 12 pounds
Hospital stay - gained 6 pounds (fluid)
One week post post op - lost 14 pounds total since beginning the preop liquid diet

I am on my way to being healthy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment